1978 A Model Kenworth

• Here is a pick of the truck I am copying..

Not going to bore everyone with a step by step of how to do a frame so here it is..

Ok rolling chassis.

Parts List:

Russ's 4 bag air ride
    Russ's Cross Members
    Russ's Hanger Bearing Cross Member
    My Custom Rear Bumpers By Russ
    Russ's Tank Hangers
    Custom Profile Fuel Tanks By Russ
    Steves Sweet Rims and Air Clears and Texas Blank
    Travis's KWhopper Gril
    Jon's Big 8's..

The rest I am making my self..So here is a good starting point. Got my .80 plastic on the roof so I can round the roofs more.

Air Ride.

Cross members

Rear Bumper and Taper

Steve's wheels and Texas Blank

Ok roofs rounded and stacks mounted. Notice how the stacks sit up to the sleeper like they should and not over hang the door.

This is why I make this plate that bolts to the stock mount holes and pushes the stack back to where it should be. This has also been done on the snow truck and the black and red Pete.

Ok many have ask about my 5th wheel plates and the little bar sticking out the side well this is how I do it instead of the set up tamiya uses that is not scale looking by any means

Now here is something I would change normally is the tread plate I would go polished stainless but went with the PMD plate and rolled the edge of it to match the frame.

Then tranny mounted and I made my custom drive shafts like I do..

If you Notice in the picks I have used the new scale bolts from RC4WD every where you can see a screw I wish I could put these on all my finished trucks but that would mean alot of repainting but they are great looking..

Ok poser shots as I am waiting on a few parts plus I am building some and I have some still to mount that will take some body work so check back..

Cutting these door handles in is no fun it all but I got 2 in the sleeper done but have to sink them in a bit more but they are close..

And I got the passenger side mirror built and mounted using the stock holes in the cab screwed in from the back side..

what do you think??

• got the mirrors done and all bolted on what do you guys think..

got the tanks mounted just trying to fig out the steps now..

Few more picks of the real truck..

• got the test steps made for it.. I built them out of 1/4 plastic and .80 plastic and plastic tread plate. I still have to make the lower step but here is how they look so far even thou these are just proto types I am still going to repaint them and make them look the best I can till I get the new ones.

well got the steps finished and the frame all painted and back together so here is a bunch a picks.

Still got lots to do need to get the tranny painted and finish the door handles and some body work but then it will be ready for paint and then all the wiring and MFU and
    lights..

Well I have the door handles all cut in and the cab lights showed up from PMD and I like these much more than the stock Tamiya ones also got the swan from Ric and the emblems I need and and this is now ready to go to paint..

So here are some update picks..

Got these awesome door handles Russ made for me sanded and polished witch was not easy it all..

Made a radio antenna for the drivers side of the cab this is not a CB antenna..

Took 2 small flat head screws and took a file and V'd out the slot so the antenna wire fit in it. Then took very lite gauge copper strand wire and wrapped it around the wire and screw head back and forth.

Then brushed flux all over the head and wire then soldered it and this is what you end up with.

Then here are some poser picks.. I polished up one of Travis's great KW grills and polished up a Texas Blank and a set of AC's From IHB and added a set of Kenworth emblems and Swan from PMD that is where I am now..

So now I am waiting on some MFU lights I ordered from tamiya USA and a rear shaft from Rc4wd and a set of FUEL TANKS! and I can finisher her up..

Here she is..

Right down to the DOT plate on the frame copied off the real truck.

Here is a pick of the mfu install.. I just need to bend a lipo battery holder to go on top of the control box and also so picks with the lights on..

And here is a short video of the full working light bar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-A0...6kDHVQ&index=1

some out door shots of my trucks so here is the A Model.

Had a little photo shoot at the truck show with the real A Model and a custom built DCP of the A Model a guy made and the owner of Largecar Mag was taking picks of them with the 1:1 for the Mag..

;prost

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!