International Harvester 9670 COE Evolution Build..

• Ok so this is one of my longest builds ever so this may be a little spotty build thread but here we go.

Ok I first got this truck used off of Rc Universe about 10 years ago and here is how it looked.

So as the Blue was no good for me I went with the color of a shop rig at the local Case IH Dealer.

• Soooo needles to say i did not like how that looked either so it was time to go all out on it. Few years ago my uncle had a COE IH Eagle that had a flatbed and a 38 foot flatbed trailer it pulled with a pup and hauled the large square bails on it so that is the truck I went for.

So I started but tearing it down and putting it on KH rails and mounting a GD600 gear reduction to the rear of the gear box.

Next I built the flatbed for the truck out of alum and added a pine wood floor to it and mounted it to the truck

Ok so the next order of biz was to take a pole trailer kit and lower it and make a dolly out of it. You can see in this pick if you look close I notched the rails and raised the leaf mounting brackets to lower the deck of the 5th wheel.

Ok next the hitch on the back of the truck and the tail lights. For the lights I used some Knight Hauler tail light parts.

• Next I bent a sort of headacke rack for the bed on the truck and made my first set of stacks for 1/2 alum KandS tubing.

Now for a new paint Job. Went with the same colors as the truck back at the farm and stained the wood on the deck and added a few detail. Keep in mind it end up changing things a few times..

• Ok so here is how I did the side markers on the bed of the truck.

And here is the family farm logo on the truck.

With a load

Here is a little side skirt I built to make it look more like a IH.

Now for paint on the dolly.

Next for some new fuel tanks and side boxes and front bumper and air intake.

Here is how I did the trailer light plugs. I used Deans 4 pin mini plugs one for Pos and one for Neg and the wiring on the trailer.

And the stuffing of the MFU in the cab.

http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=MVI_1316.mp4

And here she is all finished up..

• Well I have had this truck for many years over 10 and it has changed over the years and since I have not changed it in 3 years it is time for some change again.

I have never been totally happy with the flat floor condo 9800 IH series I am a bigger fan of the 9670 and 9700 IH cab overs so it was time to redo a new body and get it finished off right.. 2 main things I don't like about the globe body is the 9800 series has a set back front axle and that stupid little window in the sleeper although it lets alot of light in the sleeper still don't like the look so them were the first things to change..

Wheel well moved forward now to add side skirts and remove window..

Side skirts to lower the body to look right and no more goofy window..

Now for paint went with the same red as before and a sand color keeping it old school with the strips and some gold fine line..

Before and After...Much better..

Ok so now for getting the parts on the cab and getting one of my IH Grills I had Russ make me for it sanded and polished and mounted up.

Also I removed the DOT tape off the bed rails and sanded and polished out the rails and the rear light plate and added new DOT tape again..

So now I have left is to make another alum visor for it and I think I am going to run a True Scale tapered style front bumper or make one of my alum blank curved end front bumpers not sure yet...

• Hey Paul,

great looking rig! I also have my oldest Tamiya tractor waiting to be overhauled. It´s a King Hauler with extended wheelbase. Will probably cut it down to a daycab. Well, let´s see. Gotta get me some inspiration from rc truck and construction.

Have a :gn8: ,

greetings from Stuttgart,
    Wolfgang

• Hi Paul,
    Its a wonderful Truck. I love Globis. Very Best work. :res

:top

Hey Paul......very beautiful Cabover super work :top

Greeting YOGI ;prost

Hallo Paul

Beautiful Colorstyle :spray

Gruß :suptr

Hey Paul,

great looking rig! I also have my oldest Tamiya tractor waiting to be overhauled. It´s a King Hauler with extended wheelbase. Will probably cut it down to a daycab. Well, let´s see. Gotta get me some inspiration from rc truck and construction.

Have a :gn8: ,

greetings from Stuttgart,
    Wolfgang

:top :top :top
    Mfg.Bernd :bier

Thank you very much for all the great comments fella's I have received the new front bumper from True Scale Rc and I am going to sand and polish it today and get it mounted... :top

• OK so I have been finishing up the Hay Rig still waiting on 2 more parts but the front is done so here we go.. Got one of the new "Valley Chrome Edition" 20-22 Tapered Drop bumper on the truck...

Also I went with the stock visor as non of my different temp-lets for Glob Liner cabs for visors I have I did not like there look with this truck but that may change but for now this one looks good..

Ok more to come in a few days once my last parts come in..

• Hey Paul

The Truck has a super looks... :top I have also still one Globe Liner ... I white not yet which I make a Peterbilt or a International Harvester.. where you get the grill from ?

• Hey Paul

The Truck has a super looks... :top I have also still one Globe Liner ... I white not yet which I make a Peterbilt or a International Harvester.. where you get the grill from ?

Thank you very much Yogi :top ..Both pete and IH are great cab overs I grew up in both you just have to pick your favorite... I have a pete cab started Ill post picks soon.. As for the the grill I had Russ at True Scale Rc make them for me I had him do 5 IH Grills and 1 352 Pete grill for me just ask Russ for my 9670 International gill..

Howdy Paul,
    normaly i don´t like the COE´s, but your Madhine is realy hot  :sc  :sc  :sc

Thanks Much Papabear.. :top

• very very nice!!! :top

"Hier spricht die hübsche kleine Lovemachine, ich habe den schönsten Stiefel aller Landstraßen und Autobahnen..Farbfernseher, Doppel Wasserbett und go go girls....ich kann Dir sagen, bei mir fühlt man sich Saumäßig wohl"

Früher als ich Kuchen klaute, wusste ich, umso schneller man weg ist, umso geringer ist die Gefahr!
    bye Pig Pen

• Hey y'all!! ;)

Your Rig looks really awesome! The paintjob you did, is one of the best I've ever seen on a Truck! :top

Can hardly wait, seeing what happens next...

Best wishes to the "Black Hills"... ;prost

Klaus

• very very nice!!! :top

Thank you very much

Nice hay hauler, Paul... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

...we will need your assistance at out nex agricultural model show here... ;)

Thans much buddy.. I would love to come it would be so much fun.. I have lots of real scale straw bails also...

Thank you very much Klaus.. I think I am getting to the end on it.. I need wheel well splash guard rubber for it I have to make some how??? and I also have real alum tool boxes for the truck to replace the old chrome plastic wedico ones and I think that will be it.. Thank you very much on the paint job it is a direct copy of a 1:1 truck around my area but in different colors..

Sorry it took so long to reply life has been nuts the last 10 months..

• Your truck looks very fine :top :top :top

the different color on the cabines are very great.

Paul is brushing your Hobby?

Thank you very much for the great comment.. I am a auto body teck and pipeline welder and 1:1 semi truck builder and driver by trade..Born and raised on the farm,,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!