1978 K100 Day Cab Cracker Box..

• A good friend of mine Jon showed me the picks of this little truck the other day and ever since Rouge built his awesome little single axle day cab pete and Travis little day cab knight hauler I have wanted to build a signal axle day cab truck.

So here is a pick of the bits and bobs..Going to run a R2 tranny with a 65 turn and a 6 tooth onion/ 645 steering servo/ Verkrik low pro tires/ 11 3/4 frame rails/ Glob cab cut way down and other pieces and parts.

Ok here is the built frame with the running geared lowered way down I had to notch the frame in the rear for the axle to travel..

Frame with stock body to the left of the blue tape is where the body gets cut.

Ok time to move the wheel well I think..

And I think this looks right..

I made a little bracket to mount the servo too sideways in the nose of the frame.

Next I got the R2 mount made and installed in the chassis..

And i made a deck plate for the back and got the short wedico fuel tank mounted to the frame also..

Ok pretty much just finishing the cab body work and some details and this one goes to paint and finished.. :suptr

• Alright I got the head lights sunk in and the new headlight rings mounted there is a little more shaping to do around the rings and I have to cut in the side marker light. I also filled in the old grill hole and got the KW grill reset in the body..

Also got the floor cut and mounted so i could set the cab.

So that is it for now.. Ill close the back of the cab in this week and cut the rear window in. I also have to make the AC unit for the roof to. I have to get some alum for the front bumper so I can set it back some and make it look nice..

I normally dont worry about the interior in the cab but i thought I would in this truck. I got the dash and seats in then got to work on the dog house.

Fits real nice too.

Next the AC unit in the roof of the cab..

Then I did the lines to the AC unit with brass rod and I also built the cover over the end of the motor with the screen over it.

And well after the sun was up I finished with the mud guards and mounted the one stack I had as I am WAITING on JON to send me the other one. HINT..

• I got the body back from Jon and he did a outstanding job on the paint I have started putting the body back together I still have to make a new front bumper as this one does not work well on it and it is for another Day Cab Pete I am starting soon. I have to make the Air Cleaner can this week and the Battery Box and the frame is ready for paint so more to come this week..

Thanks for looking ;prost

• I got most of the truck done still have to put the controlls in it and the lights and there are lots of little details but they sell the build that I have left to put on this weekend but here is how she sits as of now..

I took some alum tig rod and made a set of day cab grab bar with ladder..

And I have had this in my head for a while now I wanted a pup trailer for my grain trailer and I made it so I could also pull it behind the cracker box with a change of tires..

I built this trailer today in 5hrs start to finish.. main body is made out of 1/4 PVC sheet all glued with 143 Fuser glue then I made all the alum edges and rails and glued them on too very solid trailer all I got left to do is some detail and the dolly..

Here are the final picks with the details on it still need to come up with a light panel for the rear..

Hmmmm??

Thanks for looking fellow Truckers. Paul W.. :suptr

• Hey Paul,

well, that´s a real beauty!! It´s different, because most builders stretch their trucks! Very nice paint job and great details.
    I still wonder, where you got the KW-grill from. I´ve checked the internet through and through but couldn´t find one! Would have needed it for my Globe!

• Hey Paul,

well, that´s a real beauty!! It´s different, because most builders stretch their trucks! Very nice paint job and great details.
    I still wonder, where you got the KW-grill from. I´ve checked the internet through and through but couldn´t find one! Would have needed it for my Globe!

Very nice truck with nice Details - great Job :top

Thanks much guys for the great comments... If you ever see any parts I have that you would like just as I'll point you in the right direction... The KW grill came from "All American Toys" they are pretty cheap in price.. :top

• Thanks very much Frank... One of these days you are going to have to help me with Ideas on how to convert a field tractor you have some great ones.. :res

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!